Sunday, January 27, 2013

Finally a break in the weather!

We are happy to return from a cold weekend of cabin camping to find the weather had broke!  The sun was nice and warm today and the flock enjoyed the afternoon in the yard.  After being closed up in the coop for afew days, the girls enjoyed a dirt bath and most of the light snow around the coop area held already disappeared.  Kenny decided to turn the heat lamp on for the overnight, but I think the next few days will be even warmer, so hopefully it will not be needed for a while.  Kenny also made some canvas to hang around the bottom of the run under the coop for some wind protection.  I'm hoping he can find some time to stop for grommets so he can complete the project before the next cold bout.  If they are going to be in the run, they can at least find some shelter from the wind that way.  Always something to work on around here.  This time last year, I'm sure we had started researching coop designs and here we are reaping the rewards of chicken ownership!  

Reminder.  If you enjoy keeping up with our crazy life here in chickenland...there are a few things you can do to help out!  On the left side of the blog, you will find an email subscription area.  All you need to do is sign up with your email and you will get an email every time I post an update!  I go in spurts....but you will definitely not get an email every day!  Maybe once a week...sometimes afew days in a row and then nothing for afew weeks.  Regardless....you'll have all the dirt right in your inbox!  I've signed up myself and rest assured, it's the only mail I've gotten as I tried it out.  The email usually comes within 12 hours of me updating the blog.   I think this is the easiest way to subscribe.  There is also a way to 'follow' this blog via Google.  You will also see that info on the left side.  If you are not already a member of the Google system, it will make you create an account to follow.  There is none of that nonsense with the email subscription, so take your pick!  I appreciate your interest in our little blog!  COMMENTS WELCOME!  Feel free to leave a comment, question or encouragement after the blog entry!  That space is there for you!  It also helps me know people are actually interested in what I have to say!  Thank you in advance for you support!!!


COOL FACT!  I got an email today from  From Scratch Magazine.  I had entered some photos for their very first issue (online magazine).  The link above will take you to the page where you can submit your email to receive their free magazine via email.  The issue is due to come out by next month and they must be in the final phase of getting it ready.  Anyway, they chose one of my photos to be in the issue!!!  It is the picture of Genevieve with Flower.  It's not too late to get on the list, so if this magazine interests you, please sign up on their site!

This MotherClucker is being PUBLISHED!!!  :)  
Malissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to read our blog! Hope you are enjoying it. Please feel free to leave a comment, question or observation! It will help me know that people are actually checking in!